Monday, February 1, 2016

Stitchy Bear and Dream in Darkness

Thanks to StitchyBear for sponsoring our challenge at Dream in Darkness this month!  I got the fabulous "Steampunk Profile" and had started using Nuance powders for the hair when life got in the way work was halted.  To express that life turmoil I looked at steampunk with new eyes and it seemed like all the cogs and wheels expressed the pain, stress, and junk we deal with everyday more days being worse than others.  So I went mixed media with it adding some metal bits and bobs with some jewelry pieces and added a different spin by using some Grumbacher paints sent to me to test out so I only know them as Mix 1, 2, and 3.  I used the blue tri-colored textured paint with a touch of gold from the same line.  I stamped some sentiments that represent things that stress us by Viva Las Vegas Stamps and the bottom sentiment seemed to say it all :)


Please visit us this month and leave us your odd make, dark make, your weirdness supreme! for us to visit your blog and be inspired by YOU!  Also let's keep Evil Froggy happy, thanks for all the entries in January...whew!  we were really, really scared of what that frog was going to do to us!  See ya this month to leave you some love :)

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful - you made an amazing creation :-)
    Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    On behalf of StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete