Monday, July 18, 2016

Under the Sea with DecoArt

We all know how I love the beach, the sea, etc....you are fed up with hearing that I know :)  But when DecoArt gave the challenge "Under the Sea" could I pass that one up?  Of course not!  I began with a lovely mermaid themed underwater cardboard canvas..when thinking of keeping the cardboard out of the landfill gave me a whole new direction.  We have failed our Mother Ocean (yep, a Jimmy Buffett fan, too) and I heard her call.  Her beauty is being destroyed by our own needs for toss away stuff and a turning of our heads at what happens with this junk.  A good friend of mine does assemblage work that is so meaningful....some people take it the wrong way unfortunately, but she points our through her art the things we do that destruct our world around us.  So enough chatter here is my canvas "Father, alter us through love".


DecoArt gesso, modeling paste, blue fluid acrylics, and other colors which will be pictured below were used. 

A crucifix was given me by my friend mentioned above so I thought it fitting to add it. The words are from Tim Holtz's Chitchat Pack.

The broken heart is from a handle of a mug one of my children gave me but sadly I found broken just last week so now I can keep it.  The die cuts are from Cricut, a flower making cartridge but the leaves bundle reminded me of coral for some reason as did the flower coil.  All had some DecoArt metallic gold rubbed across and some glass beads along the bottom for maximum shimmer along with DecoArt's fabulous shimmer spray....yummy!

Thanks for stopping by and please check out the link about to DecoArt's challenge and also the products listed below :)





I am a messy crafter so sorry about the messy bottles!  I get all painty and into it!  Also use all my DecoArt products until the last drop of goodness!

Entering DecoArt's Challenge Under the Sea
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/your-trademark-style-and-why.html 
My trademark or style runs toward simple no fuss or frill types of projects.  I use just enough to enhance the image and let the image do the rest. The rest of the time I spend getting painty, inky, and really messy with paints making my own backgrounds and canvases.
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely project, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching Nan - filled with mementos that have meaning for you as well as your beloved sea! Lovely use of luscious colors and textures. Thanks bunches for joining our DecoArt Media, Under the Sea challenge. Joi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project....Thanks so much for joining on the DecoArt Media Under the Sea Challenge

    ReplyDelete