Thursday, December 1, 2016

Altered Eclectics Play for December

Angels, angels, angels!  I am hooked on angels right now! So when I started thinking about my design team make for Altered Eclectics I decided to alter this wooden cutout my daddy had cut out for me years ago that I unearthed while trying to get rid of a decade of hoarding!  I painted her with acrylics and then stamped the word "JOY" from Lost Coast Designs "Old Typewriter Alphabet" set on her tummy before covering all painted areas with Liqutex shimmering medium.  Her hair is some wonderful yarn from a kit I bought ages ago. Some silver beads to hold between her hands and a rusty halo completed her look.  Of course, I am forgetting her wings! an angel with no wings?? had some buttons added and the shimmer medium addded, also.


I hope you can join us with your altered art for December; it always makes a good gift so you can get two birds with one or a few crafting supplies put together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment