Friday, September 1, 2017

September and Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden Theme at Delicious Doodles Challenge!

I adore fairies and fairy houses!  I see people making them on Youtube and I am amazed!  To my delight this month at Delicious Doodles September Challenge the theme is "Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden"!  What fun and my teamies have done some amazing fairy house scenes so please stop by and leave them a ton of love!  I loved the image I decided to use as my fairy is looking up hands raised from the bottom of the garden.  The image is "Snowdrop Fairy" and I actually looked up or Googled as my dear friend Anne always tells me to do! what snowdrop flowers look like.  Well, they are lovely but white with very little color to them so I worked on several color combos to try and add my own hint of purple that some seem to contain but working with white and markers was not the best idea!  I should have used my Prisma colored pencils but I got to the point of being committed to making this work!  So after many layers including the Prisma's and changes of colors here is my Snowdrop Fairy.



I cut the image down from a four by six to fit a number 10 size kraft tag and mixed purple acrylic paint with modeling paste to stencil a layer of stars which sadly was completely covered up when all was said and done.  Stamped a flower from the Tuesday Morning (fabulous for strange and always changing craft supplies on the cheap!) using the same paint all around the top and edges, stenciled another star with flourishes at top and bottom same color, then I added some die cut greenery to help hide my fairy kindly sent to me by Adam from Sin City Stamps as a winning prize from a blog hop! I attached her with foam tape and added white Stickles everywhere even the little odd shape dodad I found laying in a craft drawer!  The word Believe was die cut from paper that I brayered with some Quinacridone Magenta and Quinacridone Gold acrylic paints and dried.  Some lovely eyelash ribbon and she is set to hide and enjoy her flowers!

Please get your fairy head on and show us your fairy at the bottom of the garden!  The theme can have so many interpretations I can't wait to see what you come up with so I can visit your blog and leave you some love!


Enter HERE


Shop HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment