Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Day 3 of the 31 DOH

Okay, I am going to confess.  I needed fast projects as I decided to be a Wicked Blogger on the 15th of September with no premade projects...another horrifying scream as all Bloggers can understand and left the States on the 28th of September for two weeks in Japan....yep a scream!  So I am double duty working this thing! Let me show you my second way to do this!

Studio Ghibli in Japan is AMAZING we have all of their videos and I love the Man with No Face! So I made a clay one with clay from my last trip to Japan a huge pack for 100 yen...a buck for me!  And that is the beginning of my Man with No Face necklace which I am wearing right now and eating some pastry with bean paste in the center....yum yum!  His friend is Kodama a weird little ghost from Japaneses folklore and the movie Princess Mononoke. Below is the Wikipedia definition of a Kodama.

Kodama (木霊 or 木魂) are spirits in Japanese folklore that inhabit trees, similar to the dryads of Greek mythology. The term is also used to denote a tree in which a kodama supposedly resides. The phenomenon known as yamabiko, when sounds make a delayed echoing effect in mountains and valleys, is sometimes attributed to this kind of spirit, and may also be referred to as "kodama".




The GIVEAWAY!  Each week I will do a random draw from the comments of luv that I know at least two of you will leave making Susan Renshaw's chance of winning since I have won such wonderful things from her!  The prize will be a craft item from Japan that I think you might find unique and awesome as I find the stuff!  I will do Mr. Random.Org on every Monday to draw for the past week BUT I will probably not be able to do this while Real Nan is in Japan for two weeks but I will catch up all at one time when I hit home ground!

Have a ghoulishly good day, Lovelies, as Ghost Nan continues to hold down the fort! Now shoo go to the next blog!! Run but don't fall down....safety first then really fun stuff like running with scissors MUWAHAHAHA!
Intended for mature audiences only!! This is my disclaimer and I am standing by it!

21 comments:

  1. Love the storie about folklore and so...
    X
    Diana
    My creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so enjoying learning so much of the Japanese history and folklore! Thanks Diana!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post Nan...looking forward to more of the man with no face necklace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story Nan, love your pieces! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are wonderful, Nan. I am intrigued by your story as well as these wee creatures. Very creative! Thanks for the inspiration. Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun to be able to wear something that you've made.
    I imagine you get lots of comments about
    your necklace. Enjoy.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore Totoro necklace the first two days and got a lot of thumbs up! LOL Now stuck in hotel room with swollen ankles and legs!! UGH! Thanks Mary xx

      Delete
  6. These are cool. What a fun idea. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading the story about these! Very fun! Thanks for sharing it with us! Very cool creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe you are doing this on the go. It is hard enough when I am home. Sure sounds like you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing your Kodama and the story behind them ! HAPPY DAYS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were done before I left home 😀😀 I could never pull it off on the move hehe xx

      Delete
  9. Love your posts! Thanks for sharing some folklore always interesting to learn. Cool necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Studio Ghibli's work in this house too.
    Your necklace charms are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love learning about other cultures and always wondered about the man with no face when I see people dress up like him.

    ReplyDelete